These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any subdomains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd, the owner and operator of this Website. please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd and acting during their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
1. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd our afﬁliates or other relevant third parties. in these terms and conditions, Content means any text graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission.
2. you may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
(a) retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
3. you must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd.
4. you acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. you may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that
(i) is conﬁdential proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
(ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or
(iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." you may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
5. you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd for all claims resulting from Content you supply. prohibited use.
6. you may not use the Website for any of the following purposes: (a) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website; (b) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation governmental order; c taking, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
7. you must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
8. you must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
9. We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
10. you may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions.
11. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other Websites
12. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd or that of our afﬁliates.
13. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
16. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information compatibility and satisfactory quality. Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
17. Whilst Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and tree of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
18. Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
19. Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modiﬁed version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
20. Nothing in these terms and conditions will (a) limit or exclude out or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from out or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
21. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following a) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities; b) loss or corruption of any data, database or software; c) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage
23. you may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected
24. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version
26. The Contracts (Rights of Third parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
27. If any court or competent authority ﬁnds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part or provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd details
Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 4550090 whose registered address is
Nishikan, Millbrook Gardens, Castle Cary, Somerset, BA7 7EE and it operates the Website www.thehonbu.com.
You can contact Nishikan Martial Arts / The Honbu Ltd Ltd by email on email@example.com.
At Nishikan Martial Arts we believe that working with parents we can achieve more and reinforce the core values which make for well-rounded individuals. Our programs are an essential way to enhance the growth and personal development of young students of all ages.
At Nishikan Martial Arts we have embarked on an exciting new programme that explores all aspects of the original forms of karate. Paul (right), Brett (middle) & Steve (left) have used their almost 90 years experience and knowledge to create a unique curriculum for the modern age.
MORE THAN JUST KICKING & PUNCHING
Locks, holds, throws, takedowns and ground work, the orginal forms of Karate had it all. Students are excited to be exploring all of these aspects of the Martial Arts. As well as exploring all of these, students have the opportunity to compete, attend courses with other leading Martial Arts Instructors and we have special sessions looking at fitness. Nishikan Martial Arts offers a full package.
QUALIFIED & EXPERIENCED
With around 90 years experience between them, Paul, Brett & Steve will be with you every step of the way. From beginner to black belt they will impart their knowledge and experience to help you reach your goals.
WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
From face to face classes to the student portal we will ensure you have all the information you need to protect yourself and loved ones in this fast-paced modern world.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
Any age, any fitness, our new syllabus is flexible and can be tailored to suit the individual, no more square pegs and round holes!
The training is first class, Paul really brings the moves to life so that you can really understand them and how they all fit together for your kata. The new syllabus is great and really allows you to integrate the moves as karate should be, helping to gain a better understanding in application. The Honbu has a great team spirit,and feels just a great big family. The seniors really encourage and inspire the more intermediate levels and it is a pleasure to be part of the team.
I joined the Honbu after both my children had been attending for some years. I had little confidence in my abilities & was very unfit & it took me many months to pluck up the courage to join in. I was nurtured & encouraged, not judged or belittled. My fitness improved and in under 4 years I got my 1st Dan black belt & beat my 14 year old son to it too! (see pic). Covid 19 has not destroyed the community within our club, it has made us stronger. We have all had our wobbles & there is always someone there to support you. It was there before Covid struck, but just became more apparent after. This is a place to belong, grow & to explore & fulfil your potential.
I joined nearly a year ago and I'm thoroughly glad I did. Here are a couple of things I love about The Honbu. 1. It's a really welcoming atmosphere. Like anything, you'll get out what you put in, but everyone is very friendly and it's not a clique at all. 2. It's very reasonable, cost wise. The dojo offers classes 3 times a week, and you can attend every session, though the current COVID-19 situation does restrict that temporarily. 3. It's a different way to exercise, that's far more interesting than a gym! I burn about 380 calories in an hour, and I'm learning a new skill as I go! 4. They care about development. The Honbu believe that there is more than one way to train, and will draw on experiences of others to develop their knowledge and techniques, so you will develop too! 5. Belts aren't just an excuse charge more money! Yes, there are additional fees to move up the grades, but you won't grade if you aren't ready, unlike at other martial arts schools I'm aware of. If you are looking to get fit, learn a new skill, socialise, learn how to defend yourself, make new friends then I really can't recommend this group enough.
The Honbu and its satellite clubs are all friendly and welcoming where your opinions and views are welcomed. Training is traditional with a modern adaptation to cope with today's potential threats. Training is suitable for all ages and a great way to build confidante and gain a great group of friends.
Nishikan Martial Arts fully supports the Sport England initiative 'Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts' which we gained in June 2019. Each year the association will be subjected to an annual health check. Parents and Students can find Safeguarding information on the members only portal.
Nishikan Martial Arts has recently partnered with 'This Girl Can' and has held a very successful Ladies Only Session.
It is hoped that this will be the first of many more sessions. All of our other sessions are suitable for all genders.
Improved co-ordination, reflexes, flexibility and overall health, what's not to love about the health benefits of martial arts.
By developing the discipline to reach your goals and push boundaries will benefit many aspects of your life.
Meet like minded individuals on the same martial arts journey as you.